Manager IT, Airline Technology
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-76036
Job Title: Manager IT, Airline Technology
Job Requisition Number: RC92441
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
To manage the design and development activities for a group. responsibility Includes systems and application analysis, programming, feasibility studies, etc.
- Agile Development
- Development of complex information systems.
- Flight Operations process familiarity.
- Global Operations Control process familiarity.
- Use of framework development.
Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in computer science, math or directly related quantitative Degree or related field. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Five (5) years systems development experience which includes programming. Skill in one or more programming languages. If position is in mainframe environment, complex systems experience on IBM operating systems or microprocessors required. Experience in the technical design and development of major data processing projects. IMS experience. If position is in client/server environment, systems development experience to include distributed systems is required. Experience in client/server technology, object oriented (OO) development or case tools. Experience in the technical design and development of major client/server projects. Knowledge of software and engineering principles. Strong basic management, human relations and communication skills. Travel required.
Domicile / Relocation Information:
- Collierville, TN (Suburb area of Memphis, TN)
- Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Application Deadline / Criteria:
- To be considered for this opening, upload current copy of Resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on September 19, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.