Intern Customer Experience
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-82129
Job Title: Intern Customer Experience
Job Requisition Number: RC99365
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
Full-time internship opportunity available in the Memphis, Tennessee area from June 2019 to August 2019.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with project management, process mapping, data analysis, workflow documentation, and report automation. The intern may assist with technology industry research, global business intelligence, and emerging trends analysis. The project may relate to a mobile app, geo-fencing, revenue systems, or another initiative. The intern may assist with:
- Conducting data analytics, report development, and/or research.
- Interacting with business partners and/or staff to gather, design, and document software requirements matched to business needs.
- Documenting systems functions and business process flows.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical/quantitative, project/program management, organizational, leadership, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and monitor ongoing results.
- Ability to synthesize big data (quantitative and qualitative); Report design/development.
- Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following: data analytics, forecasting/modeling, strategy planning, engineering planning, operations, economics, process mapping, database query creation, web development, and project management.
- Coursework or experience in global studies.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following: the software development process, systems applications and architecture, Query Languages, “R,” MATLAB, Python, C++, objective-C, and SQL.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote or Prezi and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Process Analysis, Systems Analysis and Design, Decision Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Quality Improvement Analytics, Informatics, Mathematics, Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Industrial Psychology, or other related major.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
The Memphis, Tennessee area.
Relocation assistance not available.
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Operations Research, Marketing Analysis, Computer Science, Computer Technology, Packaging Science, Information Systems, Education, Instructional Design, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Communications, Graphic Arts, or other related major.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.