Engineering Specialist Advisor
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-85673
Job Title: Engineering Specialist Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC99175
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Under limited supervision, performs one or more of the following activities: configuration management, system administration, security administration, network administration, development system implementation, production system implementation. Responds to issues related to environment, hardware, system, and/or software and implements resolution across technology areas. Supports multiple systems simultaneously, and provides leadership for large project efforts. Provides support or lead activities related to change management and/or project management. Provides mentoring for the development of less senior staff.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and technology savvy professional who will help develop the next generation of FedEx solutions. The successful candidate will understand emerging technology, both software and hardware, and how to translate technology into tangible world-class solutions.
- C, C#, C++programming for UNIX/Linux OS
- Familiarity with:
- Shell Scripts, HTML, CSS, JMS
- Oracle SQL
- Windows, Solaris
- Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Weblogic, Apache Tomcat
- Experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
- Experience leading major projects with multiple systems impacts.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Network sockets programming
- Ability to read engineering diagrams
- Familiarity with Bluetooth standards and implementation of BT systems
- Familiarity with 802.11 WiFi standards and implementation of wireless systems
- Agile development experience – SAFe Framework experience preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with AGM and ALM a plus
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
Domicile / Relocation Information:
- Collierville, TN (Suburb area of Memphis, TN)
- Relocation assistance may be available for this position depending on business needs.
Application Deadline / Criteria:
- To be considered for this opening, upload current copy of Resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on October 21, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.