Sr. System Administrator
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-94179
Job Title: Sr. System Administrator
Job Requisition Number: RC109399
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Under limited supervision, analyzes the requirements to determine the hardware, system configuration, performance and capacity needs for system-related operating systems improvements and business integration.
- Design, test and configure infrastructures and solutions for various applications and configurations.
- Utilize strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, or other system issues.
- Develops infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools using configuration language and scripting tools.
- Identifies and creates processes to integrate technology improvements into business processes.
- Responsible for projects including the implementation of remediation activities, patch management, and firmware updates in a highly complex environment.
- Provides Level 3 technical support in critical production support issues interacting with Developers and Architects.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Linux System administration- RedHat, shell scripting, basic knowledge of HW, virtualization (VMWare), basic networking and DNS
- Perl, python or ruby scripting, puppet, apache or tomcat, basic storage (SAN, NAS) knowledge, NBU, basic oracle, ITIL knowledge
Collierville, TN (a suburb of Memphis, TN)
Other Possible Domiciles:
Colorado Springs, CO
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years’ work experience in computer support or information technology environment, and desktop computing along with the ability to apply basic computer concepts, theories, principles and methods to projects, business problems, issues and/or questions. Strong written and verbal communication skills. A related Master’s Degree equals two (2) years’ experience. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.