Software Developer II
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-94689
Job Title: Software Developer II
Job Requisition Number: RC110364
Category: Information Technology
Irving, Texas 75063
Job Description Summary:
Under limited supervision, ensures application of systems thinking principles, allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy software. Provide the necessary documentation to support the Software Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch of new business capabilities.
Bachelor's degree /or equivalent formal training, certifications, or work experience in coding. Two (2) years equivalent work experience or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
The responsibility of this position is for developing and implementing Global Information eXchange solutions. This position will also have a heavy focus on the development and transformation of customer specific solutions. Duties for this role include but not limited to design, document, code, test, and deploy software to support the software development life cycle. May develop prototypes and solutions using a diverse range of technology.
Job Specific Information:
• Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processed to support the launch of new business capabilities.
• Leverage Devops Techniques to design, develop and implement enterprise scale solutions to support the organization’s business strategy and goals that incorporate best practices around Continuous Integration/Deployment, and Test/Build Automation.
• Communicate with business analysts to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed.
• Review requirements and data models and translate into responsible applications and architecture
• Conduct design and code reviews with extended team to ensure that code meets FedEx standards
• Track and resolve software defects
• Support test execution including system level and integration tests
Experience in one or more of the following is considered a plus:
• Skills in languages: Java/J2EE, SQL, Python, Ruby nodejs
• Understand software development methodologies (Agile)
• UI/UX design and development – Angular
• CICD / Automated pipeline – Jenkins
• CICD / Automated testing - Sonarqube
• Source control tools: Git, Subversion, TFS
• Maven and Gradle build frameworks
• Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
• Data formats, JSON, XMLF
• Integration technologies; such as JMS, and REST webservices, and server-side API
• Understanding of network design and architecture
• Familiar with microservice architecture principles – REST, Netflix OSS
Professional / People Skills:
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Positive Attitude
• Able to work as a team and individually
Relocation assistance is available for this position but is based on business decision.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on November 16, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.