Requisition ID: POSTING-3-94711
Job Title: Technical Principal
Job Requisition Number: RC110467
Category: Information Technology
Plano, Texas 75024
Job Description Summary:
Provide leadership at the enterprise level for technical design of significant projects. Serve as an expert resource to advise other teams and recommend solutions to technical design problems. Lead and/or assist In resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
This position will involve architectural leadership & support of key strategic initiatives building next generation solutions for Retail and FedEx Office customers. Building Omni Channel Capabilities for our Retail, eCom and Commercial customers, improving operational efficiencies, introducing new products, integrating 3rd party solutions and creating a well-integrated API platform. Successful candidate will interact with business users and end customers, lead Agile teams through cultural transformation of full stack teams, build product and capability roadmaps, work with Domain Architects and Business Architects to create durable design artifacts and lead strategic planning sessions. self-motivated, goal driven attitude, leadership skills, collaborating with business and IT partners, ability to coach large teams in relevant technologies, review the code for quality are some of the desired inter-personal skills.
This position will provide leadership and initiative in the overall coordination of system requirements, program specifications and code/unit test to meet business requirements/specifications for significant projects. Provide leadership and initiative to the development of deliverables for additional levels of testing and test execution including system level and integration tests. Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions
• Lead product/channel business discovery and epic breakdown sessions
• Create technology best practices for Angular 6, CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Spring boot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry cloud native services, as well as specialized tech stack such as IBM Sterling Order Management, Fujitsu Marketplace Point Of Sale etc.,
• Define quality objectives, definition of done criteria, review and approve code merges
• Participate and provide input into Release Planning
• Work with System Team on runway items
• Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
• Work with team and business to break epics into features and work with teams to break features into user stories with acceptance criteria and test conditions.
• Status update and issue escalation to executive leadership team and be the owner of software demo content and acceptance
• Facilitate communication and problem solving in large cross-group development efforts across multiple development teams and business owners
• Work with operating companies to align on the goals collectively
• Frameworks: Angular 6, Spring, Log4j, JaCoCo/Emma, PMD
• Build Frameworks: Ant, Maven, Gradle
• SCM: SVN/CVS/VSS/SourceAnywhere/Rational Clear Case
• Continuous Integration Platforms: Jenkins/Hudson
• Application Servers: Weblogic/Tomcat/JBoss
• Comm Protocols: RMI, SOAP WebServices, REST, JMS
• Databases: Oracle/Sybase/SQL Anywhere, some noSQL experience
• OS: Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting
• Unit Testing Utilities: jUnit/TestNG, EasyMock/Mockito
• Cloud platforms/Tools: MS Azure, GCP experience, PCF, Spring cloud, NoSQL etc., is a plus
Professional / People Skills:
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Positive Attitude
• Able to work as a team and individually
• Provide leadership for team members
• Ability to be hands on with development teams at least 50% of the time
• Build long lasting relationships business and IT partners
• Lead large initiatives with multiple dependencies
• Able to multi-task
Relocation assistance is available for this position but is based on business decision.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on November 16, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.