Job Title: Software Quality Engineering (All Levels) - Coraopolis, PA
Job Requisition Number: RC116446
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Duties for this role include but not limited to: performs development and execution of software quality methods and processes. Typically responsible for tests, methods, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance standards.
Job Specific Information
This position is for a test automation specialist on a system team. Responsibilities will include:
Test Support and Automation
- Ensure new automated test scenarios are created
- Extend test scenarios to larger data sets
- Organize test cases designed by individual DBT-teams into ordered suites
- Perform manual end-to-end regression testing
- Run automated end-to-end and regression sets
- Prioritize time consuming tests, refactor and run reduced test suites where applicable
- Assist DBT-teams in creating reduced test suites that they themselves can run
- Test system performance against NFRs and assist system architects in identifying system shortfalls and bottlenecks
System Level Integration
- Determine and help maintain decisions and policies for appropriate program branching models
- Run solution level integration scripts or integrate manually where automation is not possible or has not yet been applied
Build Development Infrastructure
- Create and maintain infrastructure including continuous integration, automated builds, and automated build verification testing
Experience in One or More of the Following is Considered a Plus
- Test Automation (UFT/LeanFT, automated test design, test suite integration)
- Test Data Management (SQL, relational data knowledge, data masking strategies)
- Subversion and GIT version control systems
- Build Automation (Jenkins, Fortify, SonarQube, Jacoco)
Position will be located in Pittsburgh, PA
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Good communication and organizational skills.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.