Senior Marketing Specialist - API Marketing Experience Lead
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-99802
Job Title: Senior Marketing Specialist - API Marketing Experience Lead
Job Requisition Number: RC116662
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Under general supervision, plans and executes product development, pricing, product support and/or promotional initiatives that support the organization's corporate marketing strategies.
Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in marketing, communications or related business discipline.
Five (5) years work experience in marketing, sales, sales administration or related discipline.
Demonstrated knowledge of marketing disciplines and information analysis.
Experience in database marketing, telemarketing, promotions, pricing, and financial analysis.
Strong human relations, communication, organizational and analytical skills.
A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
A related Master’s Degree equals two years experience.
APIs are the backbone for all technology and driving customer experience and business value. FedEx is looking for an API Marketing Experience Lead to help define and implement a new product offering within the Integrated portfolio. This position is part of a product management organization responsible for creating and managing technology solutions across Fedex.com, our award-winning website, as well mobile and integrated channels.
This person will work closely with customers, IT, FedEx Operations, Sales, and Support teams to define and implement the product support and product management efforts that expand customer access to the portfolio of FedEx products. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of working across organizations to define and implement product support programs, product strategies and/or bringing new products to market. The successful candidate must also demonstrate excellent business and marketing planning skills and a strong work ethic.
API Product Owner Role:
• Assess and translate market requirements into product features and road map
• Manages the prioritization of the API Product Backlog
• Tracks performance against tactical API KPIs related to the API Factory (eg. timeline, throughput)
• Ensures the quality of the delivery and confirms that the requirements are met (quality assurance)
• Identifies synergies between business units to accelerate API delivery
• Evaluate the market opportunities in terms of their customer value, business potential, technical feasibility, and product fit
• Develop the product requirements and business cases used to prioritize and justify product investments
• Partner with the IT organization to manage the product offering across its life-cycle.
• Lead the cross functional effort needed to define and launch new products.
• Serve as subject matter expert and/or lead large, cross-functional global teams in the definition and execution of the global product strategy.
• Develop and analyze products metrics.
• Provide ongoing Product Evangelism to ensure key influencers and stakeholders understand the value of the product and provide necessary support.
• 3-5 years of Product Support, Product Management and/or product development experience of eCommerce, mobile or software products that have global distribution.
• Ability to work with software teams in support of the product life-cycle process.
• Excellent Project Management Skills
• Quality Driven Management Experience or Six Sigma a plus
• Keen ability to translate customer needs into product use cases
• Strong technical and business acumen
• Innovative, results-oriented, self-starter capable of coordinating numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport across all levels of the organization
• High level of energy and enthusiasm.
Relocation assistance is provided for this position.
This position is domiciled in Collierville, Tennessee.
This position will be posted through Monday, December 10th at 5:00 pm CST. If qualified, please submit your application.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.