Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: RC21329-6
Job Title: Technical Principal
Job Requisition Number: RC21329
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Irving, Texas 75063
Lakeland, Florida 33801
Position General Responsibilities
Under limited supervision, provide technical leadership for the Global Information Exchange organization, which includes EDI enablement teams, managed file transfer application/suite of tools and mainframe programs/mapping supporting EDI functions across multiple operating companies. Frequently leads multiple large projects simultaneously, making key architecture and technology decisions. Participates in strategy meetings and draws on broad background of experiences for resolving complex issues and influencing architecture solutions. Partners with the technical leads across the organization and provides guidance to those in less senior positions.
Skills/Knowledge considered a plus:
- Experience working with and deploying systems which incorporate best practice principles, patterns, and tools.
- Experience defining strategies for application scalability, reliability and availability.
- Architecture experience including designing, developing and complex problem solving.
- DevOps mindset and aptitude to incorporate build, test and delivery automation into the development process.
- Experience developing and deploying internal or external cloud hosted IT solutions.
- Experience creating and maintaining "system blueprint" architecture diagrams.
- Requires a passionate interest in keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Ability to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization. Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices. Scaled Agile Scrum Master (SM), SAFe Agilist (SA) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification a plus.
- Good understanding of EDI terminology and B2B development a plus.
Possible Domicile Locations:
- Collierville, TN
- Irving, TX
- Lakeland, FL
Relocation may be offered but will be based on business need.
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
To apply for this position, please upload current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business on April 8, 2018, in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.