Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Principal - Principal Domain Architect
Requisition ID: RC33121-3
Job Title: Technical Principal - Principal Domain Architect
Job Requisition Number: RC33121
Category: Information Technology
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Provide leadership at the enterprise level for technical design of significant projects. Serve as an expert resource to advise other teams and recommend solutions to technical design problems. Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
Act as interface with InfoSec in the identification, mitigation and solution designs to support the corporate timings and requirements especially with the use of COTS core applications. Provide guidance, direction and support to Agile teams with NFR road map items and timings needed to support Renewal initiatives.
Domain Architect with focus on a set of applications providing a complete solution in support of a particular business domain - warehousing.
- Accountable for ensuring high-value architecture and design artifacts for all solutions in a particular domain area
- Collaborate with EAs to lead domain visioning roadmaps, ensuring that they align with the strategic direction of the domain
- Apply appropriate architecture and design patterns to create optimal business solutions
- Have an “EA perspective” and collaborate regularly with Enterprise Architects to ensure all solutions align with enterprise direction
- Ensure strategic alignment of projects within the domain
- Lead in areas of domain architecture governance and councils
- Combine strategic and tactical visions. Assist in facilitation of the tactical solution while ensuring alignment with IT strategy.
Experience in the following skills:
- Ability to define domain bounded context for services in which the domain architect has subject matter expertise. (Service Decomposition)
- Support the Solution Architect
- Ability to utilize SPARX in support of solution architecture modeling
- Familiar with Styles, Patterns, and Stacks (SPS)
- Ability to define current state application view for a given domain.
- Knowledge of solution architecture development practices and tools
- Ability to follow established governance ensuring design is implemented according to enterprise standards
Experience in the following technologies:
- UI stack: JSP, JS, IceFaces/AnjularJS, ModernWeb, HTML5/CSS3
- TIBCO BusinessWorks, EMS
- Java, J2EE, JMS
- Data formats and structures: XML, XSD, DTD’s, JSON, ANSI EDI
- WebServices, SOA, SOAP, REST
- Database: Oracle, RDBMS
- OS: RH Enterprise Linux, K/SH
- Event Driven Technologies
- As much as 35-40% domestic and international.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
o Familiar with RAPID
o Familiar with reference sites such as Enterprise Application Inventory (EAI), Enterprise Technology Standards (ETS), Technology Business Management (TBM), Business Process Modeling Center of Excellence (BPM CoE), Reference Architectures (RefArch), Enterprise Architecture (EA),and the MetaData Hub
o Knowledge of IT Operating Model (ITOM)
o Experience with COTS applications in the warehousing domain to include, but not limited to:
- Warehousing (WMS):Manhattan, JDEdwards, Infor, Sterling, Oracle, SAP etc,
- Order Management (OMS):IBM. Oracle, SAP
- Transportation Management (TMS)and/or Carrier Management
Colorado Springs, CO
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
To apply for this position, please upload current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business on March 25, 2018, in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.