Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Advisor – Operational Technology Innovation
Requisition ID: RC36471-4
Job Title: Technical Advisor – Operational Technology Innovation
Job Requisition Number: RC36471
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Provide leadership and initiative in the overall coordination of high level and detailed design deliverables including designs for technical architecture and system interfaces to meet business requirements/specifications for significant projects. As needed, apply specialized technical knowledge to advise other teams and recommend solutions to technical design problems. Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
We are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and technology savvy professional who will help developed the next generation of FedEx solutions. The successful candidate will understand emerging technology, both software and hardware, and how to translate technology into tangible world-class solutions.
Experience in One or More of the Following is Considered a Plus:
- Innovation, startup, or R&D background with focus on development of products employing new technology
- Embedded programming experience
- High-level understanding of electronics design
- Experience with machine learning libraries (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark)
- Android or iOS application development experience
- Shell and high-level (Python, Perl, R, SQL) scripting language experience
- Collierville, TN (a suburb of Memphis, TN)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information system or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) or more years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.