Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scrum Master II
Requisition ID: RC39071-2
Job Title: Scrum Master II
Job Requisition Number: RC39071
Category: Information Technology
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
As Scrum Master, you play a key role in the definition, development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of Agile practices (with an emphasis on Scrum) within the organization. You will facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint. In this role you'll own and resolve identified impediments.. As Scrum Master you're responsible for leading the continual Agile transformation and practices as well as promoting accountability and transparency across all levels of the organization.
1. Perform the role of scrum master for one or more teams, leading multiple, simultaneous initiatives or medium complexity programs /release.
2. Practices the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, accountability, and practices continuous improvement.
3. Facilitates sprint demos, planning, and .retrospectives
4. Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress
5. Provide status reporting on key performance indicators (KPIS), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery
Job Specific Information:
Works with limited supervision and is responsible for applying Agile Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
Operates within defined parameters using a proven project management methodology with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Certifications such as CSM, PMI-ACP, PMP a plus
- Project management experience with demonstrated scrum master experience
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for one or more teams Leading multiple, simultaneous initiatives or small programs / release trains
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and systems development environment experience are preferred
- Reflecting Agile/Scrum values to the team as a servant leader
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially in regard to developing, refining and managing the product backlog
- Ability to communicate and work well with team co-located across the globe
- Guide and coach teams to be self-organizing
- Creates and maintains process documentation
- Foster an environment of high communication, collaboration and accountability
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to adapt to different tools or processes as the situation requires, and to suggest improvements or alternatives when warranted
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- A thirst for knowledge and a desire for continuous improvement - personally, professionally, and as a valued member of the team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables
- Customer focused, sensitive to customer needs, their critical business cycles and schedule
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Adept at working within highly matrixed organization
- Leads the production implementation of product increments and features
- Effective stakeholder management and communication
- Manages budget and achieving cost targets
- Builds and leverages effective alliances across technical and business community
- Coraopolis, PA (a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA)
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or business administration and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.