Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Communications Principal - Executive Communications
Requisition ID: RC39485
Job Title: Communications Principal - Executive Communications
Job Requisition Number: RC39485
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
On behalf of the department, routinely leads, plans, develops, implements and evaluates effective large and complex communications projects including over-arching strategy development, content determination, creative direction, research, writing, editing and validation. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Coaches others in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
- Work with senior-level executives across FedEx companies and regions to develop cohesive and comprehensive messaging in support of FedEx President and COO’s priorities.
- Develop communications strategies and programs that showcase FedEx executives as thought leaders on key global issues related to the business.
- Clearly and effectively communicate executive vision and message to FedEx team members worldwide.
- Develop an extensive portfolio of executive communications including speeches, video scripts, letters, media, employee and culture messaging.
- Collaborate with internal business partners and stakeholders to build and execute on effective executive communications programs and plans.
- Be able to communicate effectively to a range of audiences from frontline team members to government lawmakers.
- Lead large-scale, overarching, high-visibility, strategic communication efforts, proactively collaborating with appropriate communications teams and business partners.
- Lead special-assignment/critical ad-hoc initiatives.
- Manage expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Build measurement plans and ensure high quality of deliverables.
- Evolve COO communications to support the achievement of business and culture goals
- Employ a variety of communications skills, including written and audio/visual, to achieve desired outcomes and measurable results
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Business Communications: Develops both written and verbal executive-level communications for internal and external audiences. Consistently uses strong knowledge of business strategy to create communications solutions that support business performance. Routinely leverages understanding of corporate reputation and how to influence reputation drivers to improve FedEx reputation.
- Project Management: Strong relationship management skills to participate in cross-functional efforts to coordinate and execute multiple programs; includes the ability to actively manage day-to-day responsibilities, make decisions and recommendations to management; track, evaluate and communicate progress to key stakeholders. Demonstrate strong understanding of business partner needs across operating companies, and understands FedEx structure and informal structures and utilizes network to achieve goals. Possess superior time management and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Formal communications experience, including communications planning
- Demonstrated experience with media relations
- Exceptional writing (speeches, articles, video) and editing skills
- Experience with social media strategy
- Ability to advise business partners at senior levels
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly and demonstrate flexibility
- Strong strategic thinking, collaboration, problem solving
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong time management and ability to produce high quality work under limited supervision
- Graphic design experience a plus.
Master's degree/equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline. Five (5) years directly related experience with an emphasis on communication planning/analysis and with exposure to print and non-print media strategies. Proven ability to study complex data and broad business strategy and convert into practical, creative and effective communication strategies. Ability to study complex data and broad business strategy and communications technology and applications and convert into practical, creative and effective communication strategies. Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams. Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, organization, creativity, grammar, writing and human relations/relation management skills.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, upload current copy of resume and answer screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on February 22, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is commited to diversifying its workforce.