Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Intern Marketing - Marketing Scholar
Requisition ID: RC39503-1
Job Title: Intern Marketing - Marketing Scholar
Job Requisition Number: RC39503
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
FedEx Digital Marketing Scholars Program
FedEx, in collaboration with the University of Memphis has developed an all-inclusive FedEx Scholars program. This program allows students the opportunity to obtain their MBA from the Fogelman College of Business and Economics at the University of Memphis while working directly at FedEx. Upon graduation, the MBA degree-holders will have industry-related education and knowledge of the company processes.
During the program, students will complete the traditional MBA courses, but will also be involved in team projects and case studies tailored specifically to FedEx. The students will work part-time throughout digital areas of FedEx Marketing (full-time during summer internships.) Rotations will allow students to develop an understanding of various areas of interest including Digital Marketing, Customer Experience, Analytics, Innovation or Design Thinking in Marketing.
We believe that this offers an unparalleled opportunity for students to gain practical work experience at a world-class company while also receiving a customized curriculum through a world-class university ... a winning combination.
Program Job Information:
- This is a TEMPORARY job assignment for students enrolled in a Customer Driven MBA program.
- Under direct supervision, the position rotates through areas in marketing, communications and solutions assigned to specific projects. The rotation consists of five (5) project rotations.
- During the 16 month period, students work 10 hours weekly during the Fall and Spring semesters while attending classes and 40 hours weekly during the summer months between years one and two.
- Recruitment for new scholars begins in the Spring of each year and the program starts in the Fall (September) of each year.
NOTE: Current FedEx employees are not eligible to apply for these positions.
Program Participation / Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates selected for participation in the Marketing Scholars program must meet the following criteria:
- Must remain in good academic standing and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher throughout the duration of the four semester program.
- Must apply for and be granted admission into the University of Memphis Customer Driven MBA Program by applying through the University’s formal application process at customerdrivenmba.memphis.edu.
- Must also apply for the Marketing Scholars position through this external career site (FedEx.com) and be selected through a formal interview process.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment background check and drug screen process.
- Must have a GMAT score of about 600 or higher (or GRE equivalent). If no GMAT score, must have an existing Master's degree in a non-MBA program.
- Must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must have 2 1/2 years of full-time professional related Digital Marketing, UX, Innovation experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Must be enrolled in a customer focused MBA program. Good communication skills and strong organizational skills.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.