Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Human Resources
Requisition ID: RC41770-1
Job Title: Manager Human Resources
Job Requisition Number: RC41770
Category: Human Resources
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
This position provides broad-based support for the development, implementation and administration of HR programs and policies. Provides consulting services to general management on a variety of issues related to HR including employment, recruiting, employee relations, HR programs and policies. Serves as liaison between general management and legal on issues pertaining to federal, state and local laws governing employment practices. Formulates all HR policies and procedures and determines the most effective methods of disseminating this information to the work force. Designs, develops, and implements HR programs and analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects, trains, develops and motivates a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees. Completes performance reviews, objective setting and evaluation and provides open and immediate feedback to direct reports.
- Ensures employee benefit programs are competitive, cost-effective and consistent with corporate goals and financial ability.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with the current and forthcoming legislation affecting employee benefits and completion of required ERISA reports for related FedEx benefit plans.
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates data relating to costs of FedEx benefit programs obtained from data warehouse, consultants, vendors and actuary to improve awareness of program cost and need for cost-efficient programs.
- Prepares analyses and proposals recommending program changes to existing benefit plans and implementation of new employee benefit programs.
- Resolves issues of performance and policy interpretation between FedEx employees and vendors.
- Ensures the development of requests for proposals (RFPS) for selection of vendors/consultants in all areas of employee benefits.
- Ensures negotiation of contractual provisions and performance indicators in contracts with all vendors/consultants and coordinates contract development.
- Provides communication support to management and Services HR.
- Coordinates activities among various departments and operating companies within FedEx to ensure the benefits programs receives the support needed to function properly.
- Responsible for oversight of assigned health and various vendors ensuring proper internal and financial controls are in place and effectively executed.
- Responsible for pro-actively managing the vendor relationships.
Skills / Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Experience in the research, analysis and design of FedEx enterprise programs.
- Knowledge of purchasing policies, procedures and vendor management.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with all levels of employees, including executives.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and learn new skills as needed.
- Ability to analyze and summarize data in presentation formats for decision making purposes.
Domicile / Relocation Information:
- This position will be located in Collierville, Tennessee. Relocation assistance is available.
- Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in business, human resource management, industrial psychology or employee relations.
- Five (5) years related experience. Strong analytical, quantitative, and PC software skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must, as well as strong interpersonal, coaching, consulting, and process and project management skills.
Application Criteria / Deadline:
- To apply for this position, upload current copy of Resume and answer screening questions by close of business on February 21, 2018 in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is commited to diversifying its workforce.