Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Applications Advisor
Requisition ID: RC44648
Job Title: Business Applications Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC44648
Category: Information Technology
Orlando, Florida 32810
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Under limited supervision, interacts with business partners and / or IT staff to gather and document information related to requirements and / or software testing. Gathers information from multiple sources and independently sorts medium to high complexity business issues to recommend appropriate direction. Frequently leads large project efforts. Analyzes business processes and associates them to software deliverables. Develops and / or executes test scripts against requirements. Drafts and reviews documentation in compliance with the FedEx Global Development Process. Develops and / or maintains a business model that reflects current processes and business rules. Provides and / or consolidates input to scoping and impact analysis for future deliverables. Mentors those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
This position will support IT projects and initiatives in the Revenue Analysis & Design space.
- Provide design leadership for organization on impacted business and infrastructure projects
- Requirements gathering for large, cross-OpCo and cross departmental projects
- Working closely with business and IT partners in delivering technical solutions
- Driving collaboration with development and testing through development and launch phases
- Defining strategies for solution scalability, reliability, availability, and stability
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Knowledge and applied usage of business/systems analysis best practices and methodologies
- Business analysis skills for requirements elicitation and documentation
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation, communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Proven ability to actively elicit and analyze information from multiple sources
- Knowledge and applied usage of business analysis methodologies
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle processes
- Understanding and experience with workflow tools
- SAFe Agile experience
- Experience with MS Office products. Experience with image editors, drawing/modeling software, or requirements management tools
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and development process
- SPC4 Certification a plus
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Requires five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment.
To apply for this position, please upload current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business on March 31, 2018, in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is commited to diversifying its workforce.