Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Data Architect
Requisition ID: RC46569-1
Job Title: Sr. Data Architect
Job Requisition Number: RC46569
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Provides data expertise at the business unit level. Developing data architecture for significant and highly impactful initiatives allocated to one or more Agile Release Trains in partnership with business and IT stakeholders. Documents current state and creates future state alternatives and roadmaps for format, storage, transport, migration, and retention of data used across multiple business initiatives. Aligns data architecture for business unit initiatives with enterprise data architecture. Explores and provides expert recommendations on appropriate application of multiple database technologies. Provides leadership and guidance in communicating and implementing data governance and data management practices to protect and improve the value of data. Balances concerns of data as an asset with application modernization. Mentors those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
- The candidate will be responsible for providing data architecture and data analytics expertise to the IT team that supports Global Sales operations.In addition, they will focus on FedEx OpCo transactional data integrations, Customer shipping data, Sales Incentives data by assessing current data models and architecting optimized data architectures to meet future Sales needs.
- Design data architectures in (Teradata, Oracle) and ETL processes (AB Initio) to be used by business intelligence applications (Tibco Spotfire & ADS) for the Global Sales Team.
- Assess current technology solutions in use, keep abreast of market trends and lead new technology proofs of concept to meet changing customer demands.
- Serve as the lead SME & Project Coordinator for Merger & Acquisition Transactional Data Integrations for Sales
- Prepare large project plans, project tracking and updates to management.
- Ability to lead projects across departments and several functional areas.
- Provide leadership to the current scrum team on BI & Architectural initiatives.
- Provide thorough technical support and management of BI applications and Data sources in the Development, Test and Production support area.
- Expertise in systems architecture, design, software build-out, design principles and understanding scale and reliability.
- Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to articulate value created through projects and communicate potential for new business value.
- Able to prepare and present program/project updates to all levels of Management.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Ability to architect, design and develop Reporting and Analytical solutions at a Global & Enterprise Scale
- Data Modeling & Data Architecture experience
- Strong Data Analysis skills
- Experience Designing Business Intelligence and Analytical solutions
- Experience with Data Integration and ETL Concepts (Spotfire ADS, AB Initio, Jitterbit)
- Experience with BI and analytical tools (Business Objects, SAS, Tibco Spotfire, Cloudera Hadoop, Spark, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server).
- Excellent ability to elicit, gather, and manage requirements in an Agile delivery environment
- Database administration and/or performance tuning
- Analytics/Big data platforms and system technologies such as (Splunk, AppDynamics, Hadoop etc.)
Collierville, TN (a suburb of Memphis, TN)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information Systems, business and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Seven (7) years work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement. Recognized leadership skills, working collaboratively and creatively with business and IT stakeholders. Proven experience creating architecture models and implementation methodologies. Strong human relationa and communication skills.
To apply for this position, please upload current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business on April 1, 2018, in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.