Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assoc Eng Spec/Field Packaging
Requisition ID: RC46604-1
Job Title: Assoc Eng Spec/Field Packaging
Job Requisition Number: RC46604
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Newark, New Jersey 07114
Houston, Texas 77032
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Salt Lake City, Utah 84120
To assist in evaluating safe packaging methods designed to reduce operating expenses, increase revenues, and improve customer services.
· Evaluate customer's packaging adequacy and operational effectiveness.
· Assist in reviewing field operations and facility planning with internal management.
· Assist in analyzing, recommending and monitoring operating plans to increase customer service levels and productivity improvements.
· Provide technical expertise relating to packaging requirements, materials, acceptance policies and package systems.
· Establish and maintain communications between matrix Departments, Divisions and Operating Companies.
· Perform on-site damage inspections to determine cause and liability.
· Partner with Sales to maintain and expand customer business opportunities.
· Conduct location quality checks to assist operations in the areas of package rewrap, package acceptance, package handling, container density, container loading. Provide feedback to operations management on results.
· Assists in providing proactive and recurrency training to appropriate field personnel for Packaging related functions.
· Monitor, analyze and recommend ways to improve service, reduce costs, and prevent damage and loss.
BS degree/equivalent in computer science, math or other quantitative discipline. Good analytical, computer and communication skills.
Application Criteria / Deadline:
To apply for this position please upload your current resume and complete online questionnaire by close of business day on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.