Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Technical Analyst
Requisition ID: RC47621-5
Job Title: Senior Technical Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC47621
Category: Information Technology
Orlando, Florida 32810
Under limited supervision, develop high level design and detailed design deliverables including designs for technical architecture and system Interfaces to meet business requirements/specifications for large projects. Code and unit test. Develop or contribute to deliverables for additional levels of testing and support test execution including system level and integration tests. Frequently leads large projects. Resolve production problems of medium to high complexity. Provides guidance to those in less senior positions.
Please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on March 20th, 2018, in order to be considered.
This is a hybrid role combining some of the responsibility of a system administrator and some of the software developer. The general responsibilities of this position are to:
- set-up application environment and oversee execution and measurement/evaluation of results
- be one of the leads in the area of automation of application builds/deployments
- diagnose application performance issues
- provide subject matter expertise in application/DB/system performance tuning
- provide assistance at any level as needed from environment setup to performance/functional testing to production support
- play a role in the automation of production application support
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus
- KSH/Bourne Shell scripting
- Tuxedo configuration and development
- System performance troubleshooting
- Pearl/Python scripting
- Web development
- Splunk dashboards/queries
- Linux systems administration
- Java development (JDBC, Threading, Persistence, Web Services, JMS, Optimization)
- C++ development (OO methodology, Standard C++ Library, Optimization)
- Application performance tuning
- Oracle development and performance tuning (SQL, PL/SQL)
- AGILE software development methodology
- CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment)
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) or more years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.