Business Application Analyst - Associate/BAA - Entry Level
Requisition ID: RC47948-3
Job Title: Business Application Analyst - Associate/BAA - Entry Level
Job Requisition Number: RC47948
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Duties for this role include but not limited to: document and analyze business processes. Associate software with the deliverable and testing. Develop and/or executed test script against requirements. Drafts and/or maintain model that reflect current processes and business rules.
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Under close supervision, interacts with business partners and / or IT staff to gather and document information related to requirements and / or software testing. Gathers information from multiple sources and independently sorts low to medium complexity business issues to recommend appropriate direction. Analyzes business processes and associates them to software deliverables. Develops and / or executes test scripts against requirements. Drafts and reviews documentation in compliance with the FedEx Global Development Process. Develops and / or maintains a business model that reflects current processes and business rules.
The successful candidate will support projects in the design of software requirements matched to business needs supporting key mission critical services that FedEx customers rely on every day.
Some of the projected assignments may include:
- Collaborating with business partners and other IT stakeholders using Agile and waterfall software development processes to define and clearly articulate requirements and project acceptance criteria
- Supporting compliance processes and deliverables
- Providing support to multiple project teams and other project managers using enterprise tools and processes
- Identifying and implementing process and technology improvements for the applicable systems
Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of tools and other online collaboration tools
- Knowledge of and applied usage of business analysis best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to actively and independently elicit and analyze information from multiple sources
- Applied knowledge of software development lifecycles and different development methodologies
- Experience with computer programming, database design, system interface design, and process/system flows
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, documentation, and collaboration skills
- Agile Software Development processes exposure
- Collierville, TN (Suburb of Memphis, TN)
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.