Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Software Quality Engineer II
Requisition ID: RC48438-1
Job Title: Software Quality Engineer II
Job Requisition Number: RC48438
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Performs development and execution of software quality methods and processes. Typically responsible for tests, methods, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance standards.
1. Develop, execute, and document software test plans using both automated and manual testing to ensure products meet design specifications.
2. Assist with transforming manual test documentation into automated test scripts.
3. Present progress and results of automated testing efforts to appropriate teams
4. Continuously improve upon the productivity and efficiency of our testing efforts using innovative tools and techniques.
5. Utilizes test standards, procedures and functional specifications for test approaches.
6. Maintain automated testing environments in a continuous integration setting
Job Specific Information:
Experience working in Test Automation and/or in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) role. Experience in Software Testing/Software Quality Assurance with background and experience in automated testing. Demonstrated skills in testing/development using Java. Working experience in Agile (SAFe) environment. Strong verbal & written communication skills as well as collaboration skills are needed.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
Knowledge needed in:
Automated test creation and execution in the following areas
- Exploratory testing
- System testing
- Integration testing
- API testing
- UI Testing
Proficiency with SoapUI and similar service testing tools
Java for LeanFT automation
Proficiency with Jenkins build automation & Pipelines
Proficiency with Subversion and GIT version control systems
Basic understanding of Linux
Basic understanding of Java programming and frameworks
Technical skills include:
- Java/J2EE & related frameworks
- JDBC, Subversion
- Spring Framework
- Hibernate ORM
- Web Services SOAP
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or business administration and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Two (2) years equivalent work experience in information technology or business environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement.
To apply for this position, please upload current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business on March 29, 2018, in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.