Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technology Services Rep I – Field Operations
Requisition ID: RC50059-2
Job Title: Technology Services Rep I – Field Operations
Job Requisition Number: RC50059
Category: Information Technology
San Jose, California 95131
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Under close supervision provides technical support in the configuration, maintenance, restoration and functions of all products deployed for a defined internal/external customer or account base. Serves as a central point of contact to consult and/or address specific technical and service related problems with customers on FedEx automation portfolio and deployed technologies. Interfaces with customers to provide product information and instructions.
Job Specific Information:
- Extensive knowledge of PC hardware, software and network components is essential in order to trouble-shoot and resolve technical issues.
- Direct customer interaction is required to expeditiously and professionally address all concerns of supported systems.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and must be willing to drive a company vehicle, supporting FedEx facilities as well as customer locations. The candidate will also provide backup support to other technicians during periods of heavy volume and/or special projects, and may require shift work and / or weekends.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Comp TIA certifications: A+, Network +, Security +
- Microsoft Certifications: MOS, MTA, MCSA, MCP
- Cisco Certifications: CCT, CCENT, CCNA
- Knowledge of networking terminology, hardware, and concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Network Administration experience
- Structured Network Cabling experience
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Field Support experience
San Jose, CA
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Associate Degree/equivalent in computer technology, information technology, computer engineering and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. One (1) year equivalent work experience in technology support environment. Good communication and organizational skills. Strong customer orientation. Must be able to use a telephone, keyboard and view a computer screen. Able to operate vehicle in compliance with established procedures. Ability to lift 75 pounds. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements. A related Master’s Degree equals two (2) years experience.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.