Application Architect – Global Trade Tools
Requisition ID: RC52290-2
Job Title: Application Architect – Global Trade Tools
Job Requisition Number: RC52290
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Under limited guidance, leads complex projects ensuring the success of an application rollouts across multiple domains, programs, and/or value streams. Serve as a resource to advise teams and effectively guide the construction, deployment, performance and ongoing evolution of a portfolio of applications. Ensures the application of systems thinking principles, supporting the design, code, and test and deploy phases of software development. Documents technology and pattern selection guidance, design considerations, how-to guidance, and best practices for application development. Works with enterprise level architects to ensure consistency with overall IT strategy. Facilitate the introduction to teams of new application development technologies. Contributes to the resolution of highly complex problems. Mentor those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
Candidate will be responsible for creating cutting-edge technologies that will drive intelligent systems to improve the customer and operational experience for Global Trade Tools. Candidate will have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift for developing intelligent systems on cutting-edge FedEx technology utilizing Pivital Clound Foundry and Big data platforms. Candidate will have the opportunity to deliver proof of concepts/prototypes to support investigation and evaluation opportunities working with Enterprise and International Global Trade Systems
- Lead software design, architecture, requirements analysis, and investigation of new technologies for software development, especially in micro service space
- Drive the development and programming support of Global Trade Tools solution development initiatives
- Work closely with both IT and business teams to design, develop and implement cross platform, global solutions.
- Design, Develop, implement, test, and in a Paas environment using object-oriented, Java and other leading edge technologies and services in a Linux environment
- Work with technical leadership to drive innovation and create best practices within the team.
- Present technical ideas and high level concepts and solutions to internal and external team members.
- Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Excellent Java and design skills
- Experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing and programming.
- Excellent analytical / problem solving
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Sound knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases. (NoSQL is a plus)
- Linux, Shell Scripting
- Web Services: SOA, add RESTful , WDSL, XML, XSLT, XQuery
- Knowledge of 12 factor, cloud-native principles
- Knowledge and experience using one or more of the following tools/technologies/processes:
- Git, Subversion, Jenkins, Maven, Codelyzer, service virtualization, Unix/Linux scripting, CI/CD tooling and process experience, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS
Collierville, TN (a suburb of Memphis, TN)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information Systems, business and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Seven (7) years of work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement. Recognized leadership skills, working collaboratively and creatively with business and IT stakeholders. Proven experience creating architecture models and implementation methodologies. Strong human relations and communication skills.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.