Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Scientist Advisor – Global Trade Tools
Requisition ID: RC52298-2
Job Title: Data Scientist Advisor – Global Trade Tools
Job Requisition Number: RC52298
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Provide expert leadership at the enterprise level related to vast quantities of data (including disparate data), enterprise analytics, statistical modeling, and initiatives. Leads staff in advanced in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive and ensemble modeling, advanced statistical techniques, use of database tools and/or other approaches in quantitative analysis of complex business situations. Creates and implements solutions from initial concept to fully tested production, and communicates results to a broad range of audiences. Expert use of current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to managements, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis. Expert use of all data types, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and high- complexity predictive modeling and fact based management to drive decision making. Mentors less senior staff. Leads cross functional projects and programs. Routinely works on multiple highly complex assignments concurrently.
Job Specific Information:
Candidate will be responsible for creating cutting-edge technologies to improve the customer and operational experience. Candidate will have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift for developing intelligent systems on cutting-edge FedEx technology including Big Data, Streaming, Machine and Deep learning. The candidate will provide the leadership and direction for development of enterprise solutions.
• Research and develop Deep learning architectures and algorithms
• Drive adoption of Deep Learning based systems into next-generation of FedEx Solutions
• Build prototypes of learning solutions to show proof-of-concepts and develop scalable integrated enterprise services
• Lead efforts in a development organization to integrate machine learning with real-time computing
• Design, develop, implement, test intelligent application solutions and in a PaaS environment
• Work with technical leadership to drive innovation and create best practices within the team.
• Present technical ideas and high level concepts and solutions to internal and external team members.
• Collaborate and contribute to the company’s data mining architectures, modeling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
• Excellent analytical / problem solving
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to manipulate and analyze data with a scientific approach in order to determine the best and most optimal solution
• Experience working with Elasticsearch
• Experience with machine learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
• Experience with big data platforms and system technologies such as:
- Java, Python, Ruby and Scala
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data with a scientific approach in order to determine the best and most optimal solution
- Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases
Collierville, TN (a suburb of Memphis, TN)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Master's degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline required. Seven (7) Years of work experience in measurement and analysis, quantitative business problem solving, solutions implementation, operations analysis, marketing analysis, simulation development and/or predictive analytics. Demonstrated superior analytical skills with diverse analytics, data types and statistical software and applications. Outstanding interpersonal skills, written, and oral communication skill. Proven leadership skills.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.