Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Principal, Systems Administration and Analytics
Requisition ID: RC55808-1
Job Title: Technical Principal, Systems Administration and Analytics
Job Requisition Number: RC55808
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Job Description Summary:
Provide leadership at the enterprise level for technical design of significant projects. Serve as an expert resource to advise other teams and recommend solutions to technical design problems. Lead and/or assist In resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
Additional Job Description:
In a fast paced, high profile, quality driven and ever changing production environment where working collaboratively is a necessity to meet business needs through innovative business solutions and to ensure 99.999% uptime and reliability.
This position will be responsible:
- Strong analytical mindset to analyze big data sets through machine learning using artificial intelligence
- Expertise in systems architecture, design, software build-out, design principles and understanding scale and reliability
- Apply technical knowledge and statistical tools to develop, characterize, and optimize processes
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Collaborates with cross functional team members to gain knowledge and improve service design, processes, and quality
- Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to translate business problems into solutions
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
Knowledge and Skills Considered a Plus:
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements; and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Demonstrated strength in data mining, machine learning techniques and statistics
- Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
- Familiarity with using data visualization tools
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
- Experience designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn
- People and project management experience
- Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies
- Experience working with global teams
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on April 27, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.