Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: RC56827-1
Job Title: Manager IT
Job Requisition Number: RC56827
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Job Description Summary:
To manage the planning, analysis and architecture activities for a group. Responsibility includes strategic planning and analysis, business architecture activities, and leadership of enterprise architecture processes, tools, and execution.
Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in computer science, math or directly related quantitative Degree or related field. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Five (5) years systems development experience which includes programming. Skill in one or more programming languages. If position is in mainframe environment, complex systems experience on IBM operating systems or microprocessors required. Experience in the technical design and development of major data processing projects. IMS experience. If position is in client/server environment, systems development experience to include distributed systems is required. Experience in client/server technology, object oriented (OO) development or case tools. Experience in the technical design and development of major client/server projects. Knowledge of software and engineering principles. Strong basic management, human relations and communication skills. Travel required.
Additional Job Description Details:
Strong leadership skills; ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with executives; ability to improve the performance of the team; problem solve at a higher level; superior collaboration across the enterprise; ability to make a difference; knowledge of business architecture principles and enterprise architecture practices; knowledge of software development lifecycle; project management skills.
Knowledge and Skills Considered a Plus:
- Creating relationships across functional disciplines and operating companies
- Liaison between business and IT
- Experience effectively leading a team
- Strategic planning and coordination of multiple organizations and business units
- Application of Quality Driven Management tools
- Applying architectural principles to create business solutions
- Application of Scaled Agile Framework enterprise or portfolio planning
- Critical analysis of alternatives, design thinking, and the application of architectural patterns
- Modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Applying architectural frameworks like TOGAF and Business Architecture Guild Book of Knowledge
- Enterprise Capability Framework usage for analysis, roadmaps, and interlocks
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on May 1, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.