Sr. Tax Analyst
Requisition ID: RC57640-1
Job Title: Sr. Tax Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC57640
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Review, analyze, classify, ensure completion and compliance of the corporation’s tax obligations in accordance with state, federal and international laws leveraging specific tax knowledge and technological advances.
Tax Compliance/Tax Accounting/System support
- Review, analyze and determine application of city/county/state/federal and international tax regulations to ensure company compliance with governmental tax regulations.
- Preparation, review and analysis of separate/combined/consolidated tax returns, tax provisions, estimated tax payments, cash tax forecasts, and extensions for all FedEx companies.
- Create/review detailed documentation to support tax positions
- Gather, analyze, interpret and review data to form conclusions regarding statutory incentive tax credit opportunities for all FedEx companies.
- Designs and implement tax process improvements under the supervision of the Tax Advisor, Executive Advisor or Tax Manager to streamline and rationalize manually intensive tax processes by utilizing integrated financial, operational, and information systems.
- Analyzes and interprets information from diverse sources to form tax positions for multiple FedEx companies.
- Creates/reviews detailed documentation and findings in support of tax filings.
- Consults with management on tax issues and provides tax recommendations
- Be aware of and ensure adherence to department policies regarding managing, updating, and ensuring tax work is in compliance with required SOX control objectives.
- Assist with preparation/review of tax footnotes including consolidated schedules that go in footnote.
Tax Research/Special Projects
- Utilize academia knowledge and communication skills to execute FedEx Tax protocols in accordance with governmental regulations including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, state, and local jurisdictions
- Create/review detailed research documentation supporting tax planning/compliance conclusions
- Analyzes, interprets and reviews tax regulations for tax impact to all FedEx companies
- Evaluates, makes conclusions, and communicates to management tax impact for various tax special projects
- Represent all FedEx companies in Tax Audits including federal/state/local and international tax issues
- Analyze, review and interpret information to complete Information Document Requests for federal/state/local and international tax audits
- Develop detailed documentation supporting tax requests
- Prepare/review memorandums documenting tax conclusions and communicate to management
- Review and evaluate tax legislation and legislative changes.
- Form conclusions related to tax legislation and communicate the tax impact to management.
- Interpret tax legislation to ensure appropriate application for tax reporting purposes.
- Create detailed documentation/calculations supporting tax impact of legislative changes
- Assist in management coordination of the Tax internship and mentoring programs.
- Assist, as needed, with training, learning and development function for the Tax organization.
- Assist with vendor engagements
- Other duties as assigned
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Heavy experience with Corp Tax or similar corporate tax preparation software
- Experience preparing separate and combined multi-state income/franchise tax returns
- Experience preparing 1120 and International tax forms
Bachelor's Degree business, finance, or related discipline. Two (2) years directly related experience within a tax/financial field. Excellent analytical skills. Superior demonstrated skills with current technology tools/advances and other database/analytical tools. Proven interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this position, upload current copy of resume and answer screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on May 9 2018.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree business, finance, or related discipline. Two (2) years directly related experience within a tax/financial field. Excellent analytical skills. Superior demonstrated skills with current technology tools/advances and other database/analytical tools. Proven interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus
Heavy experience with Corp Tax or similar corporate tax preparation software
Experience preparing separate and combined multi-state income/franchise tax returns
Experience preparing 1120 and International tax forms
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.