Director International Tax Accounting and Reporting
Requisition ID: RC58833
Job Title: Director International Tax Accounting and Reporting
Job Requisition Number: RC58833
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Oversight and management of the provision and reporting processes for foreign taxes and the U.S. tax impacts on foreign operations pursuant to ASC 740. Ensure accurate reporting of the Company’s tax disclosures to public investors/SEC. Oversee and ensure adherence to department policies regarding managing, updating and ensuring tax work is in compliance with SOX control objectives. Manage and develop a team of tax accounting professionals.
Job Specific Information:
Position will report to the Vice President, Tax Accounting & Compliance in Memphis, TN.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual foreign tax provisions including reporting.
- Responsible for current and deferred tax reporting for all foreign legal entities and U.S. tax impacts of foreign operations pursuant to ASC 740.
- Includes analysis and determination of valuation allowances, permanent reinvestment positions and amounts and foreign exchange impacts.
- Communicate potential tax exposures and determine appropriate tax reserves pursuant to Company policy and ASC 740.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation to support tax reserves for discussion with management and external auditors.
- Review tax footnotes and other income tax disclosures for SEC filings to ensure accurate reporting of foreign operations.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Strong technical knowledge of specific international taxation such as:
- International M&A and restructuring transaction analysis
- Foreign currency gain/loss calculations and translation adjustments
- Earnings & Profits calculations and deemed inclusions
- Foreign Tax Credit analysis and Foreign Source Income modeling
- Partnership taxation
- Experience leading teams and developing talent
- Ability to lead complex tax projects while ensuring timely and accurate results
- CPA or advanced degree in accounting or finance
- Excellent problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related discipline. Seven (7) years of tax accounting experience, including five (5) years of experience in the area of international tax. Knowledge of large service or business operations required. Strong management, human relations and communications skills.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.