Requisition ID: RC62761-3
Job Title: Manager IT
Job Requisition Number: RC62761
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Job Description Summary:
To manage the design and development activities for a group. responsibility Includes systems and application analysis, programming, feasibility studies, etc.
Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in computer science, math or directly related quantitative Degree or related field. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Five (5) years systems development experience which includes programming. Skill in one or more programming languages. If position is in mainframe environment, complex systems experience on IBM operating systems or microprocessors required. Experience in the technical design and development of major data processing projects. IMS experience. If position is in client/server environment, systems development experience to include distributed systems is required. Experience in client/server technology, object oriented (OO) development or case tools. Experience in the technical design and development of major client/server projects. Knowledge of software and engineering principles. Strong basic management, human relations and communication skills. Travel required.
Additional Job Description:
This position is a direct report to the Director IT, Business and Data Architecture within the Enterprise Application Architecture organization.
The manager will lead a talented team of Enterprise IT Architects in the development and execution of data architecture strategy across all FedEx operating company portfolios. The manager will lead a team that manages deep insights into our data landscape and establish tools, processes, and practices that lead the Renewal transformation and beyond. The manager will be responsible for ensuring that IT solutions are designed and built to maximize the quality and utility of data assets through the effective use of governance, technology, Enterprise Data Models, and tight collaboration with architecture, development, and support resources.
As part of the Enterprise Architecture team this manager must have a passion for data and the key role it plays in the success of FedEx. The manager will face a rapidly growing and changing data environment and provide structure for it to deliver well-architected solutions. The manager will routinely lead team members of multiple high visibility, large scale projects. The manager is a leader for change and will drive data architecture to a higher level of maturity at FedEx.
- Design and deployment of large, visible applications
- Manage enterprise architecture platforms that provide insight
- Build partnerships with business and IT peers to bring effective solutions to market
- Analytical thinking and problem solving to gain new insights into our data landscape and drive Renewal
- Advanced project management knowledge, including experience with agile, lean and waterfall methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions and set a direction for enablement that others will follow
- Ability to lead a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment with knowledge and influence more than positional authority
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization.
- Capability to provide thought leadership, critical and abstract thinking and lead through influence
- Excellent ability to present and influence senior management and executive leaders in direction of data architecture initiatives
- Knowledge of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other enterprise architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of cloud computing principles and evolving data storage technologies
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on May 29, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.