Director IT, Shipment and Data Analytics Services
Requisition ID: RC66960-3
Job Title: Director IT, Shipment and Data Analytics Services
Job Requisition Number: RC66960
Category: Information Technology
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
To plan, organize, direct and control all efforts relative to the design, definition, development, implementation and maintenance of computer systems, applications, projects and programs.
Job Specific Information:
This position has primary responsibility for providing oversight, strategy, and execution over core FedEx Ground Shipment and Advanced Analytics solutions. The successful Director candidate will enable new business capabilities in support of core organizational strategies while leveraging modern technologies and methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Leadership experience in the field of Data and Analytics, including Big Data platforms, data architecture, stream processing, cloud computing, and optimization techniques. Possess sound business judgment and the ability to develop and execute against IT strategies. The ideal candidate will have prior Strong business partner interface skills, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential for this position.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- This position includes direct responsibilities for FedEx Ground Shipment Systems and Data Analytics Services.
- Develop business aligned strategic technology plans for FXG Technology Systems and a resourcing models that can be integrated into a carry forward execution plan and presented to executive management.
- Leading and inspiring a team of technology professionals that design, develop and support mission critical operating company technology systems.
- Leading a transformation to modern technologies for FedEx Ground IT Systems and the movement to modern methodologies (Agile, SAFe, etc.).
- Provides oversight to ensure that modern engineering, architecture and technologies are used in the design, construction and implementation of FedEx Ground information and field operations technology.
- Directs the planning, budgeting, development and implementation of integrated technology solutions across IT and multiple operating company domains. Ensures all systems are in compliance with the IT transformation to modern architecture, including enterprise foundational services.
- Plans and oversees critical technology programs focused on providing high-value data and advanced analytics capabilities to measure, analyze, and optimize business performance.
- Provide leadership on how to organize and execute around key technologies, including the move to real-time event enabled operational systems and next generation Shipment, Postal and Data Analytics systems.
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate as a trusted partner within a dynamic model spanning across both Enterprise and FedEx Ground value streams.
- Ensure effective application life cycle management of software technologies.
- Facilitates vendor management across direct technology partners and also in partnership with the Vendor Management Office for alternative delivery options. This includes vendor selection, vendor relationship management and developing objectives and monitoring metrics to ensure timelines, value and quality of work.
- Constantly evaluate resourcing assumptions and models to ensure higher value work is addressed while lower value work is deprioritized or decommissioned. Specific focus on leadership of modern Agile/SAFe methodologies and governance processes.
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in computer science, math or business or related field with emphasis in a quantitative discipline. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Extensive experience in systems development including design, development, implementation and maintenance of large batch or online transaction based systems. Experience in the majority of the following: mainframe, distributed systems, client server, relational systems, transaction and message systems, embedded systems, imaging and systems management and operation. Previous management experience, strong leadership, human relations and communication skills required.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.