Sr Revenue Sci Analyst, Developer
Requisition ID: RC69181-3
Job Title: Sr Revenue Sci Analyst, Developer
Job Requisition Number: RC69181
Category: Decision Science & Analytics
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Under minimum supervision, assumes lead roles in medium revenue threshold projects. Key contributor to analyze business problems of up to medium complexity. generates computer aided quantitative and statistical business analysis by leveraging advanced tools and scientific modeling approaches related to customer analytics, market analysis and forecasting in support of the organization's global strategies.
Assists in synthesizing analytical views from various business dimensions in support of business decisions based on business plans, actual or forecast enterprise performance, products, channels, automation types, industry, competition, market and customer segments.
Determines go-to-market tactics related to specific target customers, markets and products in term of marketing communication and sales calls.
Typically works in tandem with peers from other groups Independently attends cross-functional meetings and discussions to understand analytical requirements across enterprise business functions.
Demonstrates excellence in computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentations or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative field such as engineering/operation research).
SAS, SQL, UNIX and fourth-generation programming languages.
Mentors and trains professionals in less senior positions within the team on quantitative data analysis.
Provides updates and reports to upper management (typically within the department).
This Sr. Revenue Science Analyst position will support the Forecasting Department of the FedEx Services Revenue Management division.
Under minimum supervision, this position is expected to provide forecasting, analytical and reporting system development support.
Forecasting, Analytical and Reporting System Development support: Design and develop state-of-the-art forecasting, reporting, and analytical systems by employing advanced engineering concepts and the latest programming technologies.
Work closely with the internal forecasting teams as well as external system users to tailor to their needs and provide an outstanding customer experience.
Regular tasks and expectations include:
- Maintain all existing forecasting, data, and reporting systems.
- Seek room for further automation and provide out-of-the-box system solutions.
- Contribute to team efforts to build the forecasting analytics, data visibility, and on-line forecasting systems.
- Proactively manage both internal and external users’ system requests.
- Follow standard system development processes to obtain full user requirements and maintain detailed documentations.
- Develop project work plans and timelines; coordinate and execute projects with other team members under manager's guidance.
- Engage users in the soft launch stage and incorporate users’ feedback.
- Assume project lead duties - ensure projects are complete, accurate, and on time; update manager on project status.
- Prepare presentations and present system issues, solutions, and designs to various levels of users in the organization.
- Monitor system performance and take appropriate actions to prevent and minimize system down time.
- Communicate system updates to all users as needed.
An ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- Proven experience in system and application development, business/statistical analysis and/or forecast modeling.
- Proven object-oriented computer programming skills (e.g., Java) and familiarity with Framework, such as GWT.
- Proven proficiency in Windows and Unix environments.
- Proven experience in a statistical analysis package (e.g., SAS).
- Proven experience with relational databases.
- Proven strong human relations skills and customer focus.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic as part of a team as well as working independently.
Relocation assistance available.
To apply for this position and be considered, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on July 3 2018.
Master's Degree in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research.
Two (2) years work experience in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research, in an analytical, quantitative or technical role.
One (1) year of experience or coursework with the following skills (skills can be gained concurrently with education):computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentation or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative field such as engineering/operations research), SAS, SQL, Unix or any fourth-generation programming language.
Strong human relations, communications and analytical skills.
More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.