Requisition ID: RC71458-2
Job Title: Manager Accounting
Job Requisition Number: RC71458
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
This position directs a team of professionals that plan, organize, direct and complete FedEx Corporation’s monthly financial close process. Ensures that the internal control structure related to accounting and financial reporting is sufficient to prevent material errors and that financial statement balances are fairly reported. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, general accounting oversight, oversight of aircraft accounting, revenue, inventory, purchase transportation, contract reviews and international accounting. Participate and/or lead project teams with the goal of continuous improvement of internal processes. Collaborate cross-functionally on automation, system solutions and business process improvements.
Job Specific Information:
This position will report to the Director of Accounting – Benefits/Retirement Services.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Strong Communication & Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of FedEx businesses and accounting processes
- Experience consulting with management at all levels to assess needs/demands and ensure delivery of a timely and cost effective projects and programs
- Proficiency in developing and executing complex project/process initiatives across a virtual and/or multi-location environment
- Understanding of traditional and modern project management and execution methods to promote a positive change management mentality within an organization
- Knowledge of current best-in-class methodologies and practices related to shared services
- Ability to monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report results to management
- Ensures positive customer relationships throughout the organization and at all levels of management
- Knowledge or experience in international communication and coordination efforts
- Proven track record of leadership
- Prior management experience
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or other related quantitative discipline is required. Five (5) years experience in accounting and financial reporting. A related advanced degree may offset the experience requirements. Significant analytical and financial analysis skills required. Significant project/process management experience. Extensive experience working in a large customer focused, internal business partner environment. Strong leadership and collaboration building skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills. Proven ability to innovate, develop and produce high quality results on a consistent basis.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, upload current copy of resume and answer screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on July 20, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.