Software Quailty Engineer Advisor
Requisition ID: RC72600-1
Job Title: Software Quailty Engineer Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC72600
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Job Description Summary:
Acts as a key leader in the development and execution of software quality methods and processes. Typically responsible for tests, methods, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance standards.
1. Develop, execute, and document software/hardware/firmware test plans using both automated and manual testing to ensure products meet design specifications.
2. Assist with transforming manual test documentation into automated test scripts
3. Present progress and results of automated testing efforts to appropriate teams.
4. Continuously improve upon the productivity and efficiency of our testing efforts using innovative tools and techniques.
5. Setup/configure/maintain automated testing environments in a continuous integration setting.
6. Coach, mentor, and support other software quality engineers. Communicate effectively, manage conflict amongst team members, and remove impediments.
7. Stay current on new technologies and best practices as appropriate
8. Be able to test both ui centric applications as well as back-end services
9. Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) equivalent work experience in computer support or information technology environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
Additional Job Description:
- Full stack developer to provide technical support and leadership across multiple domains, value stream and complex integrated and non-integrated systems to develop an automation framework for end to end testing.
- Coordinate with an internationally distributed test team and cross functional business partners.
- Develop solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology including cloud and AI.
- With minimal supervision, set up the application of modern architectures, principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the testing framework.
Knowledge and Skills Considered a Plus:
- Experience coordinating major cross-functional programs with minimal supervision and direction.
- Experience coordinating projects among multiple teams and organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-Depth knowledge and experience with Digital architectures, platforms, and technology stacks
- In-Depth knowledge and experience with API Management Platform and design principles
- In-Depth knowledge and experience with Application Integration architectures and platforms
- In-Depth knowledge and experience with implementing automated CI/CD pipelines for large and complex integrated systems.
- In-Depth knowledge and experience with black box and white box testing techniques including TDD, BDD, ATDD, unit test, static code analysis, functional/performance test, exploratory test and user test.
- In-Depth knowledge and experience with constructing virtualized services and environments on demand using associated tools and cloud capabilities (CA, Azure, VMWare, AWS.)
- Knowledge of Public Cloud architectures and experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Strong experience with one or more programming languages, including Java/J2EE.
- Strong experience with Oracle/RDBMS/SQL.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle and release management in SAFe/Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Research technology and software trends assuring a pipeline of innovation for cross OPCO capabilities.
- Experience in MS Project; HP PPM; and/or other similar program metrics reporting.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- Teach and mentor others on the team.
- Strong Dev/Sec/Ops principles.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Some international travel required.
- PMP certification.
- SAFe certification.
- Master’s Degree.
- AI experience.
Relocation assistance is available for this position but is based on business decision.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on July 19, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.