Manager Tax, International Transfer Pricing
Requisition ID: RC79614-1
Job Title: Manager Tax, International Transfer Pricing
Job Requisition Number: RC79614
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
To plan, organize and direct the development and implementation of tax policies to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local tax laws and regulations.
Job Specific Information:
Responsible for managing transfer pricing, BEPS reporting, local country income tax support, local country controversy support and supporting the tax accounting team. This role will also manage the transfer pricing component of the IRS audit, identify research and implement tax planning strategies. In addition, this position will monitor international tax legislation development and advise on impacts and opportunities for FedEx. Position includes potential for domestic and international travel.
Essential Duties Include:
- Manage new transfer pricing model and software implementation.
- Responsible for BEPS documentation including Master File, Local File and Country by Country reporting.
- Manage transfer pricing component of IRS audits.
- Assist in management of non-U.S. tax audits, especially on issues related to cross-border transactions.
- Work with Manager of Tax Accounting to determine areas of tax exposure and manage risks associated with these tax audits, keeping management apprised of potential liability and ensuring that reserves are adequate.
- Identify, research and implement tax planning strategies (alongside Manager of International Tax Planning) to optimize non-U.S. income taxes, repatriate non-U.S. earnings, minimize subpart F income, and effectively utilize foreign tax credits, with overall goal of cash tax optimization and reducing the Company's effective tax rate.
- Monitor international tax legislation developments and advise on impacts and opportunities.
- Support international and U.S. tax compliance reporting with respect to non-U.S. entities to ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely.
- Work with Manager of Tax Operations to support plan, design and implementation of process improvements.
- Manage and oversee transfer pricing policies and procedures, including preparation of necessary transfer pricing documentation and related studies.
Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or related discipline. Five (5) years directly related experience within a tax/financial discipline. Knowledge of large service or business operations required. Strong basic management, human relations and communication skills.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.