Network Engineer (All Levels)
Requisition ID: RC80333-1
Job Title: Network Engineer (All Levels)
Job Requisition Number: RC80333
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921
Irving, Texas 75063
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Duties for this role include but not limited to: configuration management, system administration, security administration, network administration, development system implementation, production system implementation. Responds to issue related to environment, hardware, system, and/or software and implements resolution across technology areas. May support activities related to change management, outage management, and project management as well.
Job Specific Information:
Individual responsibilities may include but are not limited to network configuration/implementation, automation, scripting, and technical documentation.
Experience in One or More of the Following is Considered a Plus:
- Knowledge of SDN and associated technologies (NFV, SD-WAN, Orchestration, Automation
- SDN Policy Management - hands on experience with using SDN APIs to automate network
- Experience with policy-driven approach to network automation
- Experience with oorchestration to scale network as needed, and a provision code across multiple devices as well as automation of management tasks
- Knowledge of network visualization, cloud, and network management platform tools.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install routers, switches and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP and OSI) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, EIGRP)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, IOS-XE)
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- Maintain complete technical documentation
Possible Domicile Locations:
- Collierville, TN
- Dallas, TX
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Pittsburgh, PA
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering. Engineering license, when required by state law.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.