Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Engineer III
Requisition ID: 17590
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Engineer, Project III will support new business solutions and designs for customers. Incumbent will assess complex data sets to drive facility layouts and optimize the operation. He or she must have a detailed understanding and able to apply project management techniques as it relates to managing technical scopes of work for an integrated project plan.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Analyze multiple data sets and able to compile results to support new facility layout design
- Assess inbound, outbound data files for volume profiles and peak concerns
- Assess inventory files for SKU profile and how it relates to design of systems
- Assess slotting profiling of SKU’s
- Leads translating the data to design a facility layout for medium projects (less than 100,000 Sq Ft)
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development of process flows through the facility and assess it against volume profiles to understand impacts to operations
- Leads the review of customer specifications and understands their impact to new building designs
- Leads the development of scopes of work for capital purchases from third parties
- Leads the development of cost estimates for capital expenses for medium capital projects (less than $1 million)
- Lead interface with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and compliance to the design specifications
- Key point of contact for capital equipment installation team, sometimes requiring travel to site for commissioning/testing purposes
- Leads presentations with internal and external customers
- Leads customer site visits to assess new business opportunities providing technical expertise
- Able to balance competing priorities from both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related engineering field required and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge includes real-world understanding across most areas of the warehouse design and in-depth knowledge of subtleties and risks involved with one or more areas of design lifecycle.
- Expert analytic and problem solving capacity with large data sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Detailed understanding of how to apply project management tools including: scheduling, risk management, budgeting, procurement, and change orders.
- The incumbent must have a familiarity with a variety of warehouse business systems, warehouse operation concepts, practices, and processes.
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt new tools, technologies; even when self-taught.
- Experienced in Six Sigma, Layout Design, Slotting Tools/Techniques, Simulation, WMS Systems
- Detailed understanding and vast experience using 2D and 3D CAD software packages to design warehouse layouts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work efficiently and effectively on concurrent engineering teams
- Excels at time management
- Customer service driven.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.