Manhattan WMOS Design Specialist
Requisition ID: 17887
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401K with a strong match and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain has an immediate opening for a Manhattan WMOS Design Specialist to be responsible for performing tasks involved in providing support and implementing business critical production environments utilizing best of breed Warehouse Management Systems along with interface systems exchanging high volume transactions between internal and external applications.
- Gather requirements and design the most accurate and efficient solution possible.
- Design the complete solution from requirements gathering and documentation.
- Participate in all phases of production support of applications and components in multi-technology, business-critical systems.
- Must be able to display ability to logically work through problems to create solutions so business operations contractual service level agreements are maintained.
- Analyzing and re-engineering repetitive failed processes to drive out risk.
- Work closely with development team to ensure that all have an accurate understanding of the solution to limit rework to the minimum.
- Maintain understanding of interface specifications and configuration options.
- Document requirements and solutions according to the business SDLC process.
- Work with implementation and program management teams to transition new customer and development projects into normal day to day activities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, the business community, external customers, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Stay up-to-date on current and future warehouse execution technologies, capabilities and trends.
- Follow change control methodology in day-to-day activities.
- Create the required change requests for the various task that need to be performed for the implementation.
- Provide training to team members as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Eight (8) years of experience implementing and supporting Manhattan WMOS systems is required.
- Distribution operational knowledge and experience.
- Strong operational knowledge and understanding of Warehouse Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware platforms such as UNIX and/or Linux servers and Oracle relational databases preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Oracle SQL for application development.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.