Operations Supervisor, 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 18369
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
- Supervises at least 10-15+ full-time direct reports. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to recommending hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly production activities within warehouse operations.
- Prepares and distributes various reports needed for normal day to day operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Responsible for scheduling vacations and time off per policy with the least amount of disruption to the department to meet customer needs.
- Fully engaged with process on floor to actively lead and supervise teammates.
- Communicates daily through operational start up meetings, making sure all work instructions, daily workflow activities and safety practices are being followed.
- Initiates positive methods of driving teammate excellence through follow up, providing consistent and fair feedback on performance. Takes action through coaching and counseling to correct behaviors.
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety. Conduct weekly safety meetings during start of shift with teammates. Maintain a safe working environment through participation of safety training, JHA reviews, and weekly walk through. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment which adheres to corporate 5’s standards.
- Supervise the operations of the team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team through cross training, sound communication and positive motivational techniques.
- Facilitating seamless hand offs and communicating key information to peers, teammates and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking required environment.
- Provide courteous and respectful customer service in high pressure situations to internal/external customers.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- Assist Operations Manager on special projects as required
- Assist in maintaining the security of the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; business, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or a related field preferred. Military rank at E-6 or E-7/or O-1/O-2 or minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse/supply chain environment required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Labor Management experience preferred
- Prioritization and problem solving skills essential
- Experience with quality management methodologies
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with fundamental understanding of change management
- Ability to handle people under high-stress situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.
- Intermediate computer skills ( EXCEL, Outlook, Word and WMS)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Have positive and dynamic management style, combined with superior communication skills and high credibility; able to gain followership and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders; capable of successfully navigating a complex organizational matrix.
- Business Knowledge – Thorough understanding of relationships among markets, customers, competitors, and financials, develops plans and ensures resources are in place to support the Company’s strategic plan.
- Change Management – Acts as a change agent looking for opportunities to continually improve processes and workplace. Values innovation, encourages creativity among teammates, and is willing to take calculated risk to make positive change happen. Regularly elicits new ideas from teammates and actively involves him/her and others in change to ensure cooperation and commitment.
- Talent Development and Management – Be a “player-coach” and proven manager/developer of people; capable of hiring, managing, developing and motivating strong teams.
- Results Oriented – Possess a collaborative, yet relentless approach to process improvement and team management in order to achieve best in class results, especially around cost, cycle time/throughput, and customer service.
- Customer Management – Develop, foster and grow positive and professional relationships with executive level customers and colleagues.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twists, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.