Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Maintenance Technician
Requisition ID: 18773
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The IT Maintenance Technician works to successfully close support service request issues and support testing activities. Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to site management and client management. Communicates effectively with Operations to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions. Administers all data changes in the system. Reviews system error logs, corrects errors and troubleshoots root cause. Monitors the primary warehouse terminal to provide transaction analysis and manipulation. Provides support to facility management to ensure equipment operational support needs and schedule or preventive maintenance is provided in an efficient effective manner to maintain equipment utilized in the facility.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
1. Set up, operate, adjust, and monitor the operation of single function machines and multiple function machines (e.g., mail processing equipment which sorts computer generated addresses alphabetically or by zip code, produces address labels and then affixes the labels on envelopes)
2. Perform scheduled (preventive) or unscheduled maintenance and repairs on peripheral equipment, conveyor system, automatic parcel scan, weigh, label and sortation system, and computer/IT equipment as required
3. Load printers with paper, label reels, and/or printer ribbons and adjust controls for tension and density based on specifications
4. Monitor conveyor/sortation system controls which regulate operation of the equipment
5. Observe systems for warning or error indicators and take appropriate action which may include minor repair or replacement of parts or components, or calling Numina/EuroSort for a diagnostic assessment and guidance
6. Examine conveyor for wear, tears or other defects that could lead to a safety issue or operational malfunction and take appropriate action
7. Perform troubleshooting support to IT equipment (computers, monitors, printers, bar-code scanners) to resolve minor issues using manufacturer manuals and/or the support of corporate’s help desk technicians
8. Remove and replace with spares inoperable peripheral or IT equipment.
9. Coordinate for repairs to peripheral or IT equipment.
10. Maintain stock of common replacement parts and components to ensure availability when needed.
11. Monitor Teammate usage of peripheral equipment to ensure proper usage techniques are being utilized to ensure continued functionality.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if…
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.