Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Forklift Operator II (Night Shift)
Requisition ID: 18828
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, RRSPs with a strong match and much more!
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security and productivity. This is accomplished by ensuring the physical and systemic transfers of product are safely and accurately processed.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Loading and unloading product in an efficient, accurate, and safe manner.
- Moving product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the product in the appropriate area.
- Maneuvering a forklift and/or pallet jack as well as either an order picker or turret truck through limited space areas; verifying counts and products shipped/received.
- Picking orders for shipment.
- Processing domestic and international small parcel shipments on shipping systems, such as UPS and FedEx.
- Operating specific material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Checking or counting products for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Operating Radio Frequency (RF) terminals to ensure accurate local inventories.
- Picking and entering correct data to properly create advance shipment notifications for customers as required.
- Will be required to manually case pick orders using a walkie rider on a frequent basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if…
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience involved in performing work in a warehouse that requires the use of various warehouse practices.
- Minimum of 1 years of forklift experience.
- Single-Double pallet handler experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred.
- Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines; and strong attention to detail and quality.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.