Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
EMR Technician I (Weekend Shift)
Requisition ID: 18855
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The EMR Technician I (EG3 AWS Shift CFS L3) description applies to varied job functions in our facility; all with similar levels of skill required, responsibilities, and expectations. The EMR I is responsible for tearing down and replacing parts in systems. An EMR I will trouble shoot, diagnose, and determine the most cost effective course to repair hardware and software issues for a wide range of desktop, tablet and notebook computer systems.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Performs cosmetic repairs on desktop, tablet and notebook computer systems.
- Executes the burn process to meet all quality standards.
- Tears down and replaces parts in systems.
- Responsible for dispositioning inventory between recovery grades (retail, wholesale, sort and settle).
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses hardware and software issues for a wide range of systems (desktop, tablet and notebook computer systems).
- Determines the most cost effective course of repair and updates disposition of systems.
- Loads and unloads product in an efficient and safe manner.
- Moves product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Operates within Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Participates in physical inventories;
- Performs labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed;
- Communicates with operators from other shifts.
- Provides on-the-job training to new teammates.
- Responsible for 5S, maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Comply with OSHA and SDS standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma/GED preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong PC skills (Word and Excel).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple functions, or tasks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- May be A+ certified.
- Technical ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and repair systems.
- Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of reading English and following directions and written work instructions.
- Familiarity with materials handling and radio frequency equipment is beneficial.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.