Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Control Manager
Requisition ID: 18865
GENCO, A FedEx Company, is a leading supply chain solution provider specializing in Product Lifecycle Logistics® for technology, retail, consumer and industrial goods, and healthcare industries. Operating more than 38 million square feet throughout North America, GENCO provides a comprehensive range of integrated logistics services to enable growth, minimize cost, mitigate supply chain risk, and improve customer service. Services include inbound logistics, warehousing and distribution, fulfillment, contract packaging and product configuration, systems integration, returns processing and disposition, test, repair, refurbishment, product liquidation, and managed transportation. Visit genco.com, gencomarketplace.com, and nobetterdeal.com for more information.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the Quality Management Systme/Customer Satisfaction Plan (QC/CSP). The Quality Control Manager ensures effective planning, program evaluation, identification and resolution of quality issues and ensures that processes and procedures for quality are meeting performance standards, customer expectations, and comply with applicable Government and Company requirements. This position will be the champion for all document workflow/ procedures relevant to the company Quality Management System standards and will also responsible for management of the Physical Inventory Control Plan (PICP).
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Manage, understand and execute QC / Customer Service Plan IAW with company and contract metrics.
- Conduct Physical Inventories, Causative Adjustments Research, Location Survey, Stock Readiness, and Supply Discrepancy Reports in accordance with Physical Inventory Control program.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Implementing quality strategies/systems and developing initiatives to improve work processes at site level.
- Responsible for ISO standards and CAPA reporting and documentation.
- Assuring site compliance to specific account or site standards and regulatory requirements at all levels (site, account, governmental – FDA, EPA, OSHA, DOT).
- Quantifying, seeking long-term solutions and reviewing corrective action plans to non-conforming work processes and product damage, expiry, etc., within this facility.
- Implementing training programs, as required, to improve site performance.
- Performing internal audits on the quality system and reporting findings with request for corrective actions.
- Continuing development of current accounts.
- Establishing and implementing service surveys on regular basis with reporting to internal and external management.
- Assuring accurate disposition of non-conforming product including management of product damage, expiry, quarantine, holds, returned goods and recalls, ensuring that all information is properly communicated to customer concerning non-conforming products.
- Providing assistance to the Facility Manager on special projects as required.
- Assuring the day to day facility operations meet all productivity, safety, and quality objectives.
- Providing leadership and direction to the facility employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- three (3) years in the quality control / customer satisfaction area and experience with specific quality systems (i.e., QMSIT, Query Management Facility (QMF)) within the past five (5) years.
- Experience certifying sites to ISO standards preferred
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing the English language
- Understands HACCP Principles
- Experience using a warehouse management system (WMS). Distribution Standard System (DSS) experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.