Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Materials Coordinator (2nd Shift)
Requisition ID: 18950
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Material Coordinator (EG3 2nd Shift) will expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify overdue materials and to track material.
- Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability.
- Examines material delivered to production departments to verify conformance to specifications.
- Arranges in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- May move or transport materials from one department to another, manually or using material handling equipment.
- May arrange for repair and assembly of material or part.
- May monitor and control movement of material and parts on automated conveyor system.
- Oversee aspects of materials fulfillment to ensure clients’ expectations are met with regard to scope, timeline, budget and service requirements while maximizing overall order completion.
- Manage the fulfillment processes for the execution of purchase orders for all raw materials in accordance with the order ship date, specifications and schedule.
- Review material specifications for accuracy, including; product description, weight, unit of measure and lead time information.
- Perform the product takeoffs on strategic projects to help create budgets and order accuracy.
- Work closely with the supply chain team and the Master Scheduler to obtain product quantities/takeoffs to ensure accurate orders.
- Assist with the management of the loading of material/products into order management software.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of all material orders with client and internal project team.
- Support the materials and construction teams by ensuring accurate product and service billings, including lien waivers and certificates of insurance per agreements/contracts with the customer and service providers.
You might be a great fit if….
- This position operates in a specially designated federal area and, due to contractual and regulatory obligations, requires U.S. citizenship in order to be considered for this position.
- High school diploma or GED and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency to coordinate orders, schedules, and resolve problems with some guidance
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with both operational and high-level customer contacts, vendors and multi-functional teams with some guidance
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to make smart decisions quickly, exercise discretion and use experience, common sense and judgment to solve complex issues and problems with some guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally high degree of customer focus
- Ability to analyze and adjust work procedures to achieve maximum efficiency
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and WMS experience
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Job ID: 18950