Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Managing Director, Security
Requisition ID: 18962
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Managing Director, Security plans, organizes, implements, and directs regional security programs, procedures, and practices to ensure the safety and security of company employees and property. The incumbent leads the implementation of security programs to include workplace violence prevention, loss prevention, facility security, and investigations in accordance with the Corporate guidelines. This position reports to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
1. Oversees communication and compliance of the corporate security programs including workplace violence prevention, loss prevention, investigations and active threat programs.
2. Conducts and oversees investigations within the company to include workplace violence, alert line, etc.
3. Develops and maintains liaisons with local, state and federal law enforcement authorities, and various regulatory agencies.
4. Evaluates security requirements at all company locations.
5. Coordinate the design, development, and implementation of all physical security needs to ensure the protection of people and property.
6. Ensures all company security staff receives the appropriate level training, coaching, and skills development.
7. Oversees the implementation of departmental policies and procedures pertaining to security.
8. Maintains professional and technical expertise by attending education workshops.
9. Interacts with all levels of management to ensure the security of all people and property.
You might be a great fit if…\
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 10 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred.
2. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 12 years of relevant experience.
3. Span of control is organizational wide.
4. Necessary security clearances required.
5. Significant security management experience in transportation, supply chain or e-commerce environment with accountability for multiple geographically dispersed facilities.
6. Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the cargo transportation regulatory environment.
7. Extensive experience in management of cargo exception investigations, shipment loss investigations, and other sensitive investigations.
8. In depth understanding of principles of workplace violence prevention in a corporate setting.
9. Significant experience in integrated facility security design to include camera systems, access control, and alarms systems.
10. Extensive experience in corporate security setting including demonstrability successful management experience.
11. Significant security management experience to include leading geographically dispersed security teams, providing oversight and direction to security staff, development of security policy and procedures, experience managing crisis and emergency situations, and development of security training / professional development for security team members.
12. Knowledge of all governmental security regulations and laws.
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to interact with all levels of management.
14. Strong management and human relation skills.
15. Proficient in computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and the internet.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.