Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Analyst II - Operations
Requisition ID: 18968
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Business Analyst II will work as a strategic partner with operations, finance, support groups and the customer to identify and report on key metrics, develop and automate reporting through visual basic scripting, bring operational data to life, and enable better performance assessment and smarter business decisions.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
1. Participate in all phases of the implementation, integration, and on-going sustainment of enterprise wide business systems.
2. Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining.
3. Designs, develops, implements and maintains business solutions.
4. Works directly with clients and project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements.
5. Collect business system requirements and analyze business processes.
6. Designing, configuring, and testing application enhancements and end user reports.
7. Identifying application gaps and developing and executing gap closure plans.
8. Conducting business process simulations and user acceptance tests.
9. Training end users in handling the applications’ functional details and enabling users to assume ownership of the applications.
10. Monitoring and troubleshoot go-live events.
11. Document procedures to standardize and maintain process controls.
12. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, the business community, customers, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
13. Develop and maintain a broad awareness of the hardware, software, and networking components of the strategic system architecture.
14. Follow change control and software life cycle methodologies in day-to-day activities.
15. Work with the Technical Analysts to establish, maintain, and update the strategy (methodology, processes, standards, tools, service/support agreements) used in implementing business systems.
16. Provide status updates, identify areas and opportunities for improvement, and escalate problems in a timely manner.
You might be a great fit if…
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
2. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
3. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
4. Strong business knowledge and understanding in at least two of the following areas: Finance, Order Management, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, Call Center Operations.
5. Strong knowledge in relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL. SQL programming skills in data gathering, validation and reporting.
6. Use and support of structured support and maintenance processes and techniques.
7. Knowledge and experience in a TQM (Total Quality Management), 6 Sigma, ISO 9000, or SEI/CMM environment preferred.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.