Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Paralegal - Labor & Employment
Requisition ID: 18987
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain has an immediate opening for a Senior Paralegal at our corporate office in Cranberry, PA to work with our Litigation, Labor and Employment legal team in its efforts to proactively support FedEx Supply Chain and handle traditional litigation and project matters. This position will focus primarily on the Company’s administrative charge and litigation docket, while also working directly with internal and external customers and clients on cross-departmental projects, internal compliance projects, and other related work as needed and assigned.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Collaborate with internal business clients and FedEx attorneys.
- Perform legal research, analysis and summary of complex reports for review by an attorney.
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation of legal documents and coordinates with the attorneys in representation of the corporation.
- Drafts complex legal documents and correspondence for review and approval by attorneys.
- Provides timely responses to requesting departments and assists outside counsel as requested.
- Maintains activity log to ensure prompt action by the appropriate corporate department.
- Assists attorneys in planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking programs and projects associated with various legal matters.
- Works with all departments in the corporation to ensure timely handling and completion of the company’s legal activities.
- Assists in the development and training of entry-level paralegals.
- Conducts training programs for management and company personnel regarding legal issues.
- Creates, updates, and reviews policies and procedures to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Paralegal training and certification required, preferably from an ABA accredited institution.
- Proficient in computer PC skills, including but not limited to MS Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Excellent research, writing, analytical and organization skills.
- Strong organization, human relation and communication skills.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.