Lead Technical Quality Specialist
Requisition ID: 19029
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain has an immediate opening for a Lead Technical Quality Specialist at our corporate office in Cranberry, PA. The Lead Technical Quality Specialist is assigned to the Quality Assurance Testing & Training team. Must be comfortable working with remote teams. Effectively multi-task. Requires no supervision.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Software review and reporting
- Retrieve data from databases (Oracle) to validate testing efforts
- Documentation of test results
- Communication of changes and defects
- Assist in post-production implementation testing
- Test scenario/plan development based upon user requirements
- Application test case development
- Requirement mapping to test cases - requirement trace matrix
- Work with customer and developers to design application change
- Ability to work on multiple test projects simultaneously
- Build internal documentation for use in knowledge transfer activities
- Test results review and sign-off
- Work with project managers to ensure the system test plan is complete
- Ability to perform all testing functions across multiple software products simultaneously
- Coordinate UAT activities, this could be done remotely or on site
- Document procedures to standardize and maintain process controls
- Follow the highest ethical standards in all business and professional activities
- Mentor and provide instruction to Technical Quality Specialists
- This position may require extended time on site providing testing and support functions
- Leadership in the testing and documentation of FDA validated systems and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- Ability to plan and execute integration testing with the customer to ensure functional and non-functional business and system specifications are met
- Identify potential gap analysis of customer specs vs system design
- Provide project testing updates to the internal project and management teams
- Provide project testing updates to the internal business unit
- Provide project testing updates directly to the external customer
- Coordinate all testing activities for projects
- Coordinate all testing resources for projects
- Effectively communicate with customers
- Work with the project team to provide test data for the team
- Ensure all established processes are adhered to (check lists)
- Ensure the QA Playbook is followed
- Ensure GDP (good documentation practices) are followed
- Ensure all documentation, soft and hard copies, are collected and stored according to procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 10 years of testing experience
- At least 5 years of previous leadership experience
- ISTQB or other comparable Quality Assurance Testing certification preferred
- Microsoft Office experience
- Very complex (unions, joins, cursors) SQL query construction with or without an editor
- Oracle database exposure
- Manual testing experience
- Automated testing experience
- Ability to set up new testing projects in testing automation tools
- Past experience working in a process driven environment, preferably an environment with a formal SDLC and/or QALC
- Experience processing interface files in XML and EDI format
- Previous business analyst or project management experience preferred
- Previous logistics experience a preferred
- Previous Manhattan application experience a preferred
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.