Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Logistics Account Coordinator
Requisition ID: 19031
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Logistics Account Coordinator is responsible for operationally maintaining an individual book of business deemed “House Business” by leadership as well as working collectively as a group to grow the House Business. Responsible for operationally supporting Logistic Account Managers in a consistent capacity through a funded program or when they are out of the office or unavailable.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Communicating with existing and potential customers and carriers daily to establish relationships. Expands established customer and carrier network daily
- Generation of sales opportunities via lead conversion, relationship initiation and frequent follow up. Responsible for closing the sale with the customer and the carrier.
- Maximizing profit while maintaining customer and carrier relationships.
- Evaluate customer needs and carrier costs to establish profitable quotes. Understands market conditions and how capacity affects carrier costs and rates.
- Negotiate with the carrier to determine the cost of the shipment.
- Ensure that customer quotes meet or exceed minimum levels of profitability.
- Coach less experienced team members in the completion of this job responsibility as well.
- Evaluate and assess customer needs to identify possible solutions, process improvements or business enhancements to better service the customer while driving down costs.
- Monitor and manage business and service after hours as applicable.
- Facilitate the administrative processes related to contract approval and completion.
- Update load status using brokerage system and contacts carrier to dispatch vehicle.
- Monitor the shipment in transit and communicates status to customer.
- May interface with carrier to expedite shipment or resolve issues.
- May assist with the qualification and review of carrier performance and insure carriers’ overall compliance with standard operating procedures applicable to federal and state requirements.
- Support inside sales team with their daily duties as needed. Tasks can include data entry, customer service, operational support, quoting, etc.
- Partner with team members to insure timely payment of invoices.
- Contact customer to obtain additional information or resolve invoice discrepancies. Work with customer to expedite payment.
- Partner with team members to insure customer needs are met and carrier relationships are maintained.
- Handle business and accounts with others as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Business, Logistics or related field preferred and at least 1 year of experience in Transportation or Customer Service preferred.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications (MS Office suite)
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- General understanding of transportation industry helpful.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Job ID: 19031