Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sales Account Manager Trainee
Requisition ID: 19041
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
With direction, guidance, and training, a FTB Logistics Sales Account Manager Trainee (SAT) is responsible for selling transportation brokerage services by developing relationships with existing, new and potential customers. Initiates and monitors completion of contract, transportation service, and customer follow up. The role develops a working knowledge on the carrier / operations end of the brokerage business. This entry-level position generally consists of a twelve month training period.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
1. Selling / Customer Service - Applies learned sales methodology (prospecting / lead generation to sales closing) to build a portfolio of business from existing and potential customers. Expands and enhances the customer relationship. Responsible for problem solving, addressing concerns and implementing solutions for customers.
2. Pricing and quote determination – May work with others (leaders or more experienced team members) to evaluates customer needs and ensures the sales opportunities meet or exceed establish levels of profitability. Determines margins on the shipment while working with the Regional Operations Coordinator on pricing. Maximizes profits while maintaining customer relationships. Understands carrier costs and rates.
3. Contract completion and monitoring - Promotes customer loyalty by facilitating the administrative processes related to contract approval and completion. Enters and ensures customer information is accurate in the appropriate systems. Responsible for customer communications. Assist more experienced team members to do the same.
4. Sales and payment follow up - Responsible for partnering with team members to insure timely payment of invoices. Contacts customer to obtain additional information or resolve potential invoice discrepancies. Works directly with the customer to expedite payment.
5. Teamwork - Partner with team members to insure customer needs are met and develops a partnership with the Regional Operations Coordinator. May handle business and accounts with others as needed.
6. Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications (MS Office suite).
- Environment requires detail oriented approach and multi tasking ability.
- General understanding of transportation industry helpful.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.