Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 19054
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing professional, quality improvement startup and sustainment support in an ISO 13485 certified and FDA regulated environment. Develops and supports a customer focused Quality plan to assure customer satisfaction, and achievement of business objectives. Supports statistical based quality inspection planning, measures and provides results of quality assurance audits and inspections. Provides analysis of service and production data to identify trends and areas requiring improvement. Leader for advanced quality planning focused on continual improvement, and during the development of new business.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Working with assigned areas to prevent and address systemic quality opportunities for improvement.
- Create and revise procedures as applicable across multiple functional areas, including generation of process maps to support training activities.
- Support validation activities to include, as applicable, creation of validation plan, execution of validation, and review of validation records.
- Must be able to analyze statistical data and provide solutions to complex problems.
- Conducts periodic process audits to ensure processes are capable and stable
- Generates new ideas or methods on how to significantly reduce defects found in operations.
- Performs detailed root cause analysis on quality problems and assist with corrective and preventive action plans.
You might be a great fit if…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical or scientific field preferred and at least 4 years of experience using advanced quality engineering tools in a fast paced environment. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience or working knowledge of ISO13485 standard
- Experience with customer contact, and voice of the customer capture.
- High level of flexibility to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet complex deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate teammates, and lead improvement teams.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strongly developed analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of MINITAB, Sigma XL or other statistical packages + normal MS Office package, including MS Project and MS Visio.
- WMS experience strongly preferred.
- With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
General office environment that is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.